The purpose of advising is to assist students in selecting programs of study, to recommend/select appropriate classes, and to evaluate their progress toward achieving his or her goal.
- Students are assigned to advisors according his or her chosen major.
- Students who elect to major in General Education are assigned to his or her advisor according to the first letter of the student's last name.
- Student is provided a program template for his or her chose major.
- Students are advised to meet with his assigned advisor at the end of each semester in an effort to evaluate courses completed and credits earned.
- Advisor notates course completion and credits earned on program template as student progresses toward degree completion.
- Advisor signs program evaluation from and informs student to obtain the signature of the Vice-President of Academic Affairs.
INSTRUCTORS: Please click here for the Academic Advising Guide.