MISSION AND GOALS
The Art Department provides students the opportunity to improve their current knowledge of art. This is accomplished through a holistic fine art experience designed to prepare students in furthering their study at the next level of education.
The goals for the Instructional Program for the Fine Arts Department are as follows:
- Provide the first two years of college/university parallel programs within the fine arts.
- Provide arts education that prepares the student to enter the job market successfully.
- Provide a comprehensive program of enrichment courses for lifelong learning in fine arts.
- Provide networking opportunities through art shows that allow the student to maximize his/her potential.
- Provide innovative learning opportunities utilizing emerging instructional technology.
- Provide opportunities for developing partnerships with public and private businesses to address corresponding needs within the service area.
- Plan, assess, and evaluate all activities and programs within the department in order to ensure institutional effectiveness.
- Provide opportunities for community-wide cultural enrichment activities.