ACADEMIC SUPPORT SERVICES
The Academic Support Services Office provides the following services:
- Administers the ACT COMPASS Placement Test (Computerized)
- Administers the ACT Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency (CAAP)
- Provides academic advisement to assist students in the development of academic goals
- Provides transitional counseling to graduating sophomore’s (Sophomore Transfer Day)
- Provides information on study skills, time management, reaching academic goals, transitioning from high school to college, retention, etc.
- Provides academic, career, and social counseling to students individually and on a group basis, as well as assists students in overcoming personal difficulties, self esteem issues, adjustment to college life, and difficulties in social interactions, etc.
- Provides students a place to obtaining general information and voicing concerns in a confidential setting.
- Provides academic counseling to students that are placed on academic probation or suspension
- Provides reasonable accommodations to students living with a disability
- Provides domestic violence awareness programs to faculty, staff, and students
- Provides disability awareness programs to faculty, staff, and students
- Provides sexual harassment awareness programs to faculty, staff, and students
- Provides students with academic and personal referrals (English Lab, Tutorial services, Department of Human Services, Housing Authorities, Mental Health Services, Vocational Rehabilitation Services, etc.)