High school students may earn college credit while they are still attending high school and enrolled in high school courses. Only students with a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale or better on all high school courses are eligible to enroll. There is no obligation on the part of the student to enroll at Coahoma Community College after high school graduation. To be admitted to the Dual Enrollment Program, students must have the following:
- A minimum of fourteen (14) Carnegie high school units
- An overall 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale or better on all high school courses as documented by an official high school transcript which must be sealed in an envelope
- A letter of recommendation from the academic counselor and/or principal (provided by dual enrollment coordinator)
- Application for admission to Coahoma Community College
- A copy of social security card
- A parent agreement form must be signed by the parent and the student (provided by dual enrollment coordinator)
NOTE: Dual enrollment students must earn a minimum grade of "B" in each class taken to continue in the dual enrollment program.