ASSOCIATE DEGREE NURSING (ADN)
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Must complete prerequisite courses by the end of the spring semester immediately prior to admission to program courses.
- ACT composite score of at least 18
ACT composite score of 16-17, if have GPA on nursing prerequisites of 2.50 or >
ACT composite score of 15 if taken before October 1989
ACT is waived for students who have previously earned a baccalaureate or
Higher degree; must have a GPA of 2.5 on nursing prerequisites
- An official high school transcript or GED score
- Official transcript from any college or university attended
- LPN must have an unencumbered Mississippi license
- LPN must show proof of 1 year of continuous nursing practice before admission
- Record of current specific immunizations
- Criminal Background Check
- A cumulative GPA of 2.50 is required on pre-requisites. A minimum grade of “C” is required in all science courses. Anatomy and Physiology I & II Lec and Lab and Microbiology Lec and Lab must not be more than 5 years old at the time of admission (end of spring semester of year seeking admission).