||The Director Public Relations provides promotional activities; and coordinates functions of the Public Relations Office.
Develop, implement and evaluate public relations and marketing goals; work under pressure to meet deadlines; establish priorities; organize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously; coordinate production and printing of publications and promotional materials in an effective and appropriate manner; edit and proof written copy for publications, broadcast, and other media outlets; operate and use photographic equipment; communicate effectively in English; train and direct the work of student assistants; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
Principles of public communications, information and relations; principles and techniques of printing and digital photography; proper trade practices, procedures, terminology, and techniques required for various graphic effects; correct English usage, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary; operation of personal computer software such as FileMaker Pro, InDesign, Word, Excel; budget and revenue control.
Candidates/incumbents must meet the minimum qualifications as detailed below, or file for equivalency. Equivalency decisions are made based on a combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities. If requesting consideration on the basis of equivalency, an Equivalency Application is required at the time of interest in a position (equivalency decisions are made by Human Resources, in coordination with the department where the vacancy exists, if needed.)
A degree in Public Relations is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with a specific degree/coursework in public relations, journalism, or related field.
Two years experience working in publicity or public relations.
||Coordination of the college’s public relations activities including print and broadcast advertising, publication production, and special events promotions; assist in establishing and maintaining a consistent image for the college; assist in achieving marketing objectives; and perform related work as required.|
|Duties:||Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
1. Planning, coordinating and executing public relations activities and events for the college to promote a positive image.
2. Coordinates information about the college in print, broadcast and news media advertising campaigns
3. Coordinates production, delivery, distribution and payment of college publications such as class schedules, college catalogs, printed programs and brochures
4. Writes and distributes news releases announcing important college information and events; updates and maintains college online calendar of events.
5. Coordinates media buys and reserves advertising space with appropriate media outlets; creates and maintains integrated campaign spec sheets and determines production deadlines.
6. Proofs print and broadcast copy for grammatical and typographical errors.
7. Arranges for timely purchase, acquisition, and solicit bids from vendors.
8. Arranges photo shoots with professional photographers and provides digital photography for publications and to record special events; maintains colleges electronic photo archives; coordinates mass-mailings of weekly internal newsletter to retirees and other special mailings.
9. Oversees proofing and submission of college telephone listings used in telephone company directories.
10. Purchases supplies and maintains inventory; coordinates use of departmental display materials.
11. Monitors and reconciles advertising and supply budgets; maintains database and provides budget reports to the president as requested.
12. Trains and directs the work of student assistants.
Send a complete application packet (Employment Application, current resume, official transcripts, and three letters of reference) to:
Coahoma Community College
Human Resource Office
3240 Friars Point Road
Clarksdale, MS 38614
Incomplete application packets will not be considered. (NO FAXES PLEASE)