The Division of Student Affairs and Support Services cordially invites you to explore our tutorial facility which is located on the second floor of the Zee A. Barron Student Union, Ebony Room II.
The services are free, and we encourage all Coahoma Community College (CCC) students to attend the Tutorial Lab. The staff uses the student centered approach which accommodates those students who prefer to work independently as well as those who prefer to work in groups. Tutoring sessions are available as a one time semester basis or on a reoccurring basis depending on the students’ needs. The tutorial arrangements are flexible in order to accommodate demand schedules of the students.
To set up an appointment for tutorial services, the student can email Ms. Sharon Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 662-621-4825, or visit the tutorial lab during the hours of operation. We welcome all students who have a passion for learning, and are committed to personal and academic excellence.
The hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. and Fridays 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- To help the students learn information for a specific course and to use that information to become an independent learner.
- To increase the student’s understanding of subject matter
- To develop basic skills for students
- To develop effective study habits
- To serve as refresher sessions for the students who are academically strong but have forgotten basic curriculum principles
- To develop a positive attitude toward learning
- To teach the students to think and acquire knowledge in a different way as was accustomed in the high school setting
- To reduce the aversion of learning due to overcrowded college classrooms and distractions inside the classroom
The tutorial lab has been established to assist all students, no matter how great the problem, in becoming proficient and confident with fundamental skills in the areas such as Accounting, Anatomy and Physiology, Art, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Information Systems, Economics, English, Foreign Language (Spanish), Mathematics, Music, Physics, Psychology, Health Related Fields, Physical Education, Science, Speech, Test Taking, Note Taking, Job Skills and Study Skills and Learning Strategies. If support is needed in courses not listed above, we will work with the faculty to find qualified tutors to assist in these courses. One-on-one tutoring services are provided for all students with academic deficiencies who either voluntarily apply for the services or who are recommended by a CCC online or campus instructor. Our tutoring services are available to all CCC students whether it is for remediation in a course or for students who are high achievers and want to become more advanced in a course. We collaborate with the CCC instructors in efforts to guide the student through and explain the concepts that will allow the student to complete their assignments independently.